Welcome to our review of the Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone. I will look at the features, benefits, the Pros and Cons, answer some Frequently Asked Questions and then give my conclusion about the Holy Stone HS170 Predator.
If you want to purchase the Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone right away, then please visit the product page at Amazon.com.
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone Features
- The headless mode brings more confidence to new users and children. This feature is helpful when you lose track of the quadcopter orientation as it now eliminates the need to monitor the orientation of the drone. This makes it simpler for you to fly the object.
- The 3D flip and roll feature or the 6-axis Gyro Technology allows you to flip and roll the Holy Stone HS170 Predator. To do each fantastic roll, simply push the button and keep the right direction stick down.
- The colorful LED lights are stunning to take a look at whenever you fly the quad at night. But more important, you can easily recognize which part is the front or the back because of these lights.
- This mini RC helicopter drone has three sets of speed modes so the novice to more advanced pilots can set it according to the speed they prefer. Compared to another micro quad, this object’s highest speed level is faster.
- The 30-50 meters wind-resistant control range makes flying more fun. You’ll never get frustrated even during the typical windy day as it remains stable. You can fly it at a range of 30 to 50 meters.
- The long flying time of about 6 to 8 minutes is enough to offer you and your friends the excitement that you all want to experience in flying a quadcopter.
- The charging time takes about 60 to 80 minutes.
- The 2.4GHz technology adopted for anti-interference feature means you don’t need to worry even if it flies with another quadcopter at the same time because they will not hamper the function of each other.
How You Benefit From Owning The Holy Stone HS170 Predator
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone offers benefits not every quadcopter can:
- Novices and children can learn how to operate a quadcopter without worrying about the orientation.
- Have fun with it because it can flip and roll.
- This is helpful for those who want to train how to operate a drone as it is so easy.
- It is suitable for teens aged 14 and above.
- You do not need to register it to FAA because its weight is less than .5 lbs.
- Holy Stone offers three-month warranty – two months longer than Amazon’s guaranteed period.
Pros And Cons
- Holy Stone HS170 Predator is easy and fun to fly.
- Unlike other similar products, it is very affordable.
- It is durable that’s why you can be assured that you can use it for a longer span of time. Just remember to read and follow the instruction manual.
- It is stable, wind-resistant and excellent in performance.
- Following the instructions provided, this quad from Holy Stone is easy to setup. It will not cause you frustration – that’s for sure.
- This object can be controlled at a longer distance.
- Buyers love it so much, especially for its low price.
- One buyer with 8 boys in the family highly appreciated this quadcopter as her kids were able to fly the two items that she bought. They were able to fly them both indoor and outdoor.
- Customer service is excellent as it pays attention to the shopping experience of their customers. The customer service team offers assistance for troubleshooting and makes sure that its telephone line is open for client concerns. It also good-naturedly answers every issue raised by buyers in Amazon.
- The best purchase made by a client in years. For $20, the customer was able to buy one and experience full enjoyment along with his co-workers.
- One buyer said that his Holy Stone HS170 got stuck in a tree all winter and when he finally pulled it out, it worked as if nothing happened.
- Holy Stone’s products went through strict inspection of the Quality Control Department.
- Only a toy, but performs excellently.
- So smooth and easy to fly when in low mode and fast and steady in expert mode.
- Commendable battery life of 7 minutes.
- A satisfied customer said that Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone is highly recommendable as it is well-built.
- An excellent gift for kids.
- It has no camera, as well as automatic return home feature this is why you need to make sure that you fly it within the control range.
- It has small parts. You have to be very careful about these; make sure that small kids around do not get a hold of them.
- The motor burns out when used continuously. It requires cooling down period of five minutes. Meaning, the fun may have to stop for this span of time as well.
- One customer claimed that it is not suitable for beginners as it is difficult to operate. He added that the propellers do not spin at a similar speed that it only took off an inch higher than the ground.
- It broke just on the first day of use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we fly it along with other similar drones?
Because it has a built-in anti-interference system, you have no reason to worry if other quadcopters are already flying and you want to fly your Holy Stone HS170 Predator.
2. Can it fly both outdoor and indoor?
Yes, however, users recommend that you get a good grip of the quad in the outdoor before you use it indoor as it is harder to operate it in that setting because the movement of the object is quite restricted because of the walls, furniture and others.
3. Are batteries included in the package? Do we need to purchase other things to start operating it?
You will need to buy 6 AA batteries.
4. I noticed that the back left propeller does not spin. What can be the reason behind this?
Check if the propeller has a hair. Recalibrate it as well. See the solder points and the motor. If nothing is wrong, call the customer service.
5. How long will it fly after battery charge?
Five to ten minutes will be fine. Some can take longer (7 to 8 minutes). After this time, make sure to cool it down for 5 to 10 minutes to prevent the motor from burning out.
6. Is it crash-proof?
There’s no such thing as a crash-proof drone. It depends upon the ability of the pilot to avoid a crash. However, if you are looking at buying a quad that can only suffer from minimal damage when crashed, then Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone should be a choice.
7. Does it come with a charger?
Yes, the drone comes with one USB charging cable that will allow you to charge it using your computer.
8. How long will the batteries last? Does it come with a camera?
The batteries may last between 6 and 8 minutes. You can charge it for about 90 minutes. While charging, the indicator light is on. When fully charged, the light will be off. You can buy extra batteries, but Holy Stone recommends that you let the drone rest for 5 to 10 minutes to extend its lifespan. It has no camera.
9. I misplaced the charger. Where can I buy a replacement?
You can order replacement Holy Stone HS170 parts from the website. Look into the Holy Stone HS170 user manual.
10. I want to have a longer flight time. Can I use a bigger battery for this?
There’s a 400mAh battery available; however, it can be difficult to find the one that can fit into the drone. Your best option then is to use the one Holy Stone makes – 380mAh – and you’ll achieve a good amount of flight time.
Here Is My Conclusion
Holy Stone HS170 Predator is well-accepted in the market because of its durability and more important, affordability. In case you are at a lost on how to operate it or an issue arises, never think twice about calling the manufacturer’s customer service because the representatives are helpful as they are willing to answer all the questions you have. Flight time and speed are excellent as well. Fourteen-year-old teens and up can use this drone. However, some buyers allow their younger children to operate this, just with supervision. In the case of lost parts, you can talk to the customer service staff to make inquiries. For longer lifespan, remember to follow the Holy Stone Predator instructions in the manual.
Also, you may want to look at the DJI Mavic Pro.