Welcome to our review of the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3. I will look at the features, benefits, the Pros and Cons, answer some Frequently Asked Questions and give my conclusion as to whether the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone is worth your money.
✅ If you are in a hurry, then check out the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 at Amazon.com.
Through the past recent years, technology’s development has been so fast, making many kinds of gadgets available for mass use. One of these technologies is the drones. Today, drones are so famous that it has become normal for people. This has also brought many drones manufacturers to existence, making different drones from the consumer ones used for hobbies to the more complex ones used by professionals, specifically photographers and videographers. On the other hand, good quality drones are hard to find, making quality and price two separate things when choosing a drone. However, the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone changes this mindset. Syma has been in the drone manufacturing business for a couple of years, and this company definitely knows how to make drones based on what the consumer needs. In addition, with the credibility of Cheerwing in terms of distributing drones, the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 can be the best deal out there, especially for beginners or those who would just like to use a drone for a hobby. We have ranked it as one of the best drone for under $100.
The Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 Has Many Exciting Features
Having a drone requires a fair amount of skill, and this means reading many articles and watching tutorials about how drones really work and how you should take care of them. On the other hand, choosing the right drone for you is a whole different story but still requires you to do researches and read reviews from tech people and past customers. When choosing, obviously you would want to know the specifications of a certain drone, specially its key features. If you are looking for a beginner drone but would hurt your pocket that much, you should try checking out the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone. This drone has the following features that would definitely be bang for the buck for you:
- Better Stability
A good drone, especially a camera drone, should be stable. For the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3, stability is not an issue. With its 6-axis gyro based on 4 channels, you can be assured that it will remain stable even during high speed flights.
- Better blade protection
Blade protection is rare in other drone models. For the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3, blades are protected through the elastic prop guards that prevent the blades from collisions and accidental falls, making them last longer.
- More convenient connectivity
Instead of the common RC cable connection compared to other drone models, the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 has Wi-Fi connection for more convenient and easier connection, so you do not have to worry about those irritating cables when flying a drone.
- More reliable batteries
Batteries are very important to electronic gadgets. So, instead of using Li-ion batteries that other drone manufacturers use, the Syma X5SW-V3 use Li-polymer batteries that are proven to be sturdier and have better life cycle.
- Easier use
Whether you are a beginner or an expert who would just love to have a cheap alternative for a drone during your past time, the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 is a great option. The controller has a very intuitive design that will make beginners fly drones like pros. In addition, it has the headless mode where the user does not need to think of the drone’s headpiece too much. Through this, the drone is easier to control, especially for beginners, since the drone does not need a specific direction and will just follow how the user would want it to fly.
- Better and easier technical actions
If you are thinking to have a drone specifically for hobby, the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 has the 360°Eversion feature, which lets your drone to do 360° rolls and give you that enjoyable feeling when flying your drone.
- Cheaper than competitors
If we are to give one of the most amazing features of the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3, it is the price. By just being under $60 for a quality drone, it is just a very hard competitor to take down in the market.
How You Will Benefit From Owning The Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone
Cheap drones usually suffer from low-quality parts and features. This is normal because in reality, the cost of the production is usually parallel to the quality of the product, itself. So, would this mean that all cheap drones will give you negative qualities? Well, not necessarily in our today’s time. If compared to more professional drones, then yes, maybe cheap drones may be considered substandard ones. But if you’re on a tight budget or would just want to try a drone for the first time, then buying a professional and very expensive drone may be non-sense. On the other hand, there are also cheap drones that can already give you quality results for its price. Because of technological advancements in production, this is already possible. One living proof to all of these things is the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone. It may not give you the same quality as the drones in the “over-$1000” segment, but it is definitely the best choice for the under $100 category, which is already the best deal you can have.
Pros And Cons
- Easy to use, especially for beginners
- Durability is great
- Cheap replacement parts in case something went wrong
- Wi-Fi connectivity makes it more convenient to connect it to your phone
- Can take HD videos during flight
- Size is good; not large enough to get the attention of FAA but not too small to lost it while in flight outdoors
- Fast mode is better than other drones
- Delivery time is good and well-packaged
- No memory card slot in the drone, itself. Photos and videos will be saved directly in the phone’s memory
- Battery life is sometimes too short (5-6 minutes per flight), which requires you to have extra batteries
- Poor range compared to other drones in today’s market
- Has the tendency to take blurry photos during flight
- Prop guards are too close to the blades, resulting to wear down the props faster
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the accessories for my drone?
- All accessories, including camera, propeller guards, charger, phone holder can be located at the bottom of the internal packaging. In case that after you checked carefully and found out that some parts are missing, please do not hesitate to call us, and we will send you the missing parts.
What should I do if the motors are not working?
- If you found out that your motors are really damaged, the best advice that we could give is to buy a motor replacement since it is also cheap. However, if your drone is still under our agreed warranty, we would be glad to replace it for you.
What should I do if my drone is not taking off?
- First, make sure that your batteries are charged. Secondly, make sure that you paired the controller with the drone properly and followed the manual in installing the propeller blades on the drone. If it is still not taking off, have your drone checked for possible damages.
How will I calibrate my drone?
- First, be sure to put the transmitter in mode 1 or 2. You can refer to the “Aircraft operation guidance” on page 6 of the manual, which is inside the package. Secondly, try resetting the drone by following the instruction of “Horizontal correcting function” on page 9 of the manual.
How to fix connection failure of drone with the transmitter?
- First, make sure that you use good quality batteries that are charged properly. Then, proceed to the page 8 of the instruction manual, which will give you pictures that you can follow to connect the drone with the transmitter.
My Cheerwing Syma drone keeps on moving to just one direction. How will I fix it?
- In page 7 of the instruction manual, you will see the “Fine-tuning operation” portion where you will be asked to press on the fine-tuning button to adjust the drone. On the other hand, if the problem still persists, check the motor if it is already damaged.
How will I make the camera work?
- Cameras should work smoothly upong turning on the drone. If not, go the “Connection Description” on page 3 of the instruction manual or try re-installing the app.
What Is In The Box?
✅Here Is My Conclusion
There are plenty of drones that are on the market right now and will give you a lot of promises but most of the time, cannot live up your expectations, leaving your more frustrations in the future. Cheerwing and Syma do not want this to happen to its customers, and this has been their greatest asset as companies aside from producing quality yet affordable drones over the years. In conclusion, the Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone will never disappoint you in many ways. It is definitely a great deal for its price, which is already a challenging thing to get during these days. This is one of the best beginner racing drones on the market. With its key features and complete packaging, you will know that your little investment for a good drone will never be wasted.
You may want to take a look at the DJI Mavic Pro.
Check Out The Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 Video Review